Sunday 6 August 2023

Really loved you

 


God! I really loved you didn’t I?

You felt the same, you were mine

My heart, it found a home in you

You, told me it was safe and true

Though walls have grown thin

Our love has gone ill

My ears echo your sweet voice

My mind burn those memories alive

I never thought this love would die

What a day! I’m always surprised

You had to go, really?

I thought you’d stay, baby

I should cut all your pinkies

You made me promises you broke quickly

I remember the day you came back

You fell down and looked sad

My heart tore apart

You said the words I almost wrapped (away)

You asked me if I still wanted you

I told you how does that matter to you?

I am angry at you, can’t you see?

You’re always ready to leave

We were in the tent, I remember sitting on you

Those sweet lips but nothing of it was true

I saw you become a stranger

I whispered, you’re not that man, no brainer

No comments: